Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Throwback Video Of The Week

Also Not A Bad Throwback Video Of The Week Part 2 This is When Yeezy Was The Shit To Me. Its Alright For Your music To Evolve But Hes Losing Me!

Kanye West College Dropout Roc-a-fella 2004

After a car accident in October 2002, West recorded "Through the Wire" with his jaw wired shut. At the 2005 Grammy Awards, the track was nominated for Best Rap Solo Performance, which was won by Jay-Z's "99 Problems." The music video was self-financed by West, who conceived ideas from an Adidas advertisement.



“This n- [Kanye ] was like, ‘Wow. [Jay-Z] ain’t going to give me the chain,’” Dash alleges in December’s Complex magazine. “I had to take off my chain and give it to him, and I was heated. I had the real canary diamonds. That s- cost $40,000! I told Kanye, ‘Yo, you got to give that back when we get off this stage!’”

Check 4:00


Dash contends that after Jay-Z violated the code of hip-hop chivalry, “Kanye hated Jay-Z.”

But a rep for Kanye tells us the story is “ridiculous and totally false.”

Source: NY Daily News

No comments: